Thursday, June 3, 2010

Step By Step - New Kids On The Block

"Hey girl in your eyes
I see a picture of me all the time
And girl when you smile
You got to know that you drive me wild"

I'm not sure what inspired me to write this post on NKOTB, but darn it, I still love them, and following @DonnieWahlberg on Twitter just makes me ridiculously happy every day :)

I remember this song as being one of my favorites when I was about 6 or 7 - I was on the tail end of the New Kids On The Block bandwagon, but we listened to my friend's older sister's cassette tapes of the band, and it was spectacular.

Looking at their songs and lyrics, you'll be surprised by how often they refer to females as "Girl" but hey, I guess that is just how it was done in the early 1990's :)

"Step By Step" was released in 1990 on the album of the same name, and quickly shot up to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart. It became their biggest selling single, and a song they still perform in concert to this day (as I saw them in concert last year on their reunion tour - be jealous)

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for NKOTB and especially this song, as I can still sing all the lyrics by heart.....


No comments:

Post a Comment