Monday, January 25, 2010

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty

"Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down"

Incredibly well-known and acclaimed as the front man of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Tom Petty has also released a few very successful solo albums, including 1989's Full Moon Fever. From this album came two of Petty's signature songs, "Free Fallin'" and "I Won't Back Down"

"I Won't Back Down" was the first single from the album Full Moon Fever, and reached number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and topped the Album Rock Tracks chart for five weeks.

This song has attracted many iconic musicians with it's awesomeness, including George Harrison and Ringo Starr of The Beatles (in the music video) and Johnny Cash and Pearl Jam (who had covered this song on albums and live performances).


No comments:

Post a Comment