Saturday, January 23, 2010

Southern Voice - Tim McGraw

"Hank Aaron smacked it
Michael Jordan dunked it
Pocahantas tracked it
Jack Daniels drunk it
Tom Petty rocked it
Dr. King paved it
Bear Bryant won it
Billy Graham saved it

Smooth as the hickory wind
That blows from Memphis
Down to Appalachicola*
It's hi ya'll did ya eat well
Come on in I'm
Sure glad to know ya
Don't let this old gold cross
In this Crimson Tide t-shirt throw ya
It's cicadas making noise
With a southern voice"

Okay okay okay - I know this isn't a classic song by any means - in fact it is brand spankin' new!

But I wake up with this song stuck in my head every morning, and it references a lot of GREAT classic rock in it, so I thought I'd change it up for once.

Singing about the likes of Hank Williams, Chuck Berry, Aretha Franklin, Tom Petty, The Allman Brothers, Crimson Tide and Charlie Daniels, "Southern Voice" by Tim McGraw is a pretty cool new song that pays homage to the greats of the South.

Not only do you get to learn a bit about classic rock music here, but you also get a history lesson as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment