Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

Sometimes regarded as an incredibly goofy song, I have always thought it would be a fun one to have playing in the background while being proposed to.

When I wake up, well I know i'm gonna be,
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next you
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you
If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver up, Yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at your door

The Proclaimers' hit "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" was released in the UK in 1989, and in the United States in 1993. The song reached #11 in the UK and #1 in Australia in 1989, and then #3 in the US 5 years later. The music video for this song features the four-eyed band members, who also happen to be twins from Scotland.

Enjoy the music video here and see just how goofy the singers are - and make sure to listen to all the goofy lyrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment