Friday, December 4, 2009

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi


The famous story of Tommy and Gina - struggling to make ends meet, and still working at their relationship to keep it going - is a fantastic story behind the killer beats and amazing guitar playing of Bon Jovi's song "Livin' On A Prayer"

The second single by the incredibly popular band, "Livin' On A Prayer" almost didn't make it on Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet". Imaging if it hadn't - what a sad world it would be.

Named by VH1 as the #1 Rock Song of the 80's, "Livin' On A Prayer" has rocked the faces of millions of people since its debut in 1987.

Alyssa, be sure to crank this song up the next time you hear it, belt out the lyrics, and become a part of one of the greatest songs of all time.

Watch the Video on YouTube, and be sure to turn up the speakers :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh thank you so much for making this blog! I'm sixteen and my dad is the guitar player in an 80s rock cover band so my favorite music artists consist of, Bon Jovi (Jon may be one of the hottest men on the planet), Journey, Van Halen (that is my real middle name by the way), Styx, Foreigner, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Kiss, and Def Leppard to name a few. I'm quite convinced that I was in fact born in the wrong decade. Needless to say i definitely have different interests (especially in the music department) than any of my friends. This past summer, however, I dragged a few of them to concerts with me and they heard what I've been talking about all this time. So I've been diligently sharing some of my favorite bands and songs with them from a time when music took talent and not just something "different"... and it just so happens that one of these friends is named Alyssa! How ironic! So anyway, I love your blog and it certainly makes my job, of enriching her taste in music and teaching her about the pop culture of the time, much easier! So thanks and Have A Nice Day (Get it? The song? haha :)

    ReplyDelete