Saturday, November 14, 2009

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Alyssa, you will learn that I have a big crush on the band Queen - specifically Freddie Mercury. He is my boyfriend. My dead, gay, rockstar boyfriend.

As you will (hopefully) learn, Freddie Mercury is also one of the greatest artists and composers to have ever lived. After his death in 1991 of AIDS, Queen continued to be successful, and has sold over 300 million albums to date.

The Queen song I am listing here is "Don't Stop Me Now". With a fun beat and addictive lyrics, this song can put any listener in a good mood. The lyrics also display a bit of cosmic imagery, as well as excitement for an upbeat number that rose to #9 on the UK charts.

"I'm burning through the sky yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm travling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you!"

So enjoy this song and all the fun you can have with it. And also enjoy it being used in 2004's Shaun of the Dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment