Saturday, November 28, 2009

Take It Easy - The Eagles

Alyssa, I remember singing this song when I was in elementary school. I knew all words well before I could buy my own CDs and to this day, it is still one of my favorite songs by one of the best bands in rock and roll.

"Take It Easy" by The Eagles was written by Glenn Frey (of The Eagles) and his neighbor and song-writer Jackson Browne (who's songs will also appear on this blog soon). Recorded by The Eagles, it was their first single and opening track on their debut album, this song is so beloved by the audience that it has made it on to all of The Eagles' compilation CDs. "Take It Easy" was even named by The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 500 songs that shaped rock and roll.

Also, it needs to be said - The Eagles are a fucking amazing band. There. I said it.

So please listen to this song, love it as much as I do, and begin to appreciate just how amazing The Eagles are.


1 comment:

  1. Hotel California....Seven Bridges Road....ALL EAGLES SONGS!!!

    ReplyDelete