Monday, November 30, 2009

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on, now
'Cause there's too many places I've gotta see.
But if I stayed here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change."

"Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of those kick-ass rock songs that everyone loves. The song brings up so many different memories for me from so many different experiences, or even when it's been used in movies. I love this song.

Released in late 1974 - following the release of their Southern rock anthem "Sweet Home Alabama" - "Free Bird" peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was also later given the #3 spot on Guitar World's 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.

Other recognitions for this powerful song include:
Perhaps when you get a bit older and you realize how awesome it is to drive around with your friends in your cars late at night, you can blast this song on your radio. But until then, enjoy the clip below. And be amazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment