Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger

"Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll"

I grew up listening to Bob Seger. I remember riding in my dad's old car and learning the lyrics to Seger's songs when I was 3 years old.

One of the best ones in "Old Time Rock and Roll" from 1978.

The moment the piano starts at the beginning of the song, you know the magic that is about to happen. However, the piano "false start" at the beginning of the track was actually a mistake made by the tape operator in the recording studio. Seger and his manager liked the "mistake" however, and it has now become one of the most well-known musical beginnings of all time.

Also one of my friend's favorite karaoke songs, "Old Time Rock and Roll" is a powerful rock song that puts all listeners in a great mood.

This song was also re-released in 1983 after being included in Risky Business where Tom Cruise dances in socks, a button-down shirt and tighty whities.


No comments:

Post a Comment