Friday, November 20, 2009

Feels Like the First Time - Foreigner

I think Alyssa is even too young to remember the Burger King commercials featuring music from this band, but let me tell you - Foreigner is outstanding.

Their songs all seem to have a very similar style, which can either make all of them rotten, or all of them awesome. Thankfully for this band, it was the latter.

Foreigner was formed in 1976, and has since sold over 50 million albums worldwide, thanks to the success of many of their hits, including "Cold as Ice", "Hot Blooded", "Dirty White Boy" and the song I am featuring here - "Feels Like The First Time".

"Feels Like The First Time" was on the band's debut album released in 1977, and reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 that year.

"I would climb any mountain
Sail across a stormy sea
If that's what it takes me baby
To show you how much you mean to me"

Oh yeah, and the band Daughtry did a cover of this song last year. So, i suppose that makes it col, right? Check out Foreigner's version though - it's way better.


1 comment: